Caring for the lungs does not sound like the popular thing to do. This is due to the fact that it is not a part of the body that is seen from the outward appearance, however it is a very delicate and important part of the body and it’s malfunction can cause serious harm to the entire body.
The lungs are a pair of balloon-like organs responsible for breathing. They inflate by taking in oxygen that is coming through the nostrils and deflate when they send out carbon (IV) oxide. Oxygen is needed for all parts of the body to work optimally. It’s malfunction can cause breathing problems and may lead to respiratory failure.
It is imperative that we take care of our lungs especially at this time that we have lots of pollutants in the air. So, let’s check out the following ways that we can take good care of our lungs.
- Watch It: What you take into your lungs affects it’s health. Pollutants that fly around us today are numerous, but we must watch what we inhale by avoiding pollutants as much as possible. Construction sites are filled with all sorts of pollutants like upholstery and paint. Roads are filled with fumes from the exhaust pipes of vehicles. Be conscious of the air you breathe in. Cover your nose with a clean handkerchief when you have to pass through a polluted area.
- Deep Breath: Just like you blow air into a container to clean it up, deep breaths help to clean the lungs of different toxins that have been deposited into it. So, take a minute now and fill your lungs to its fullest size, then release it. You have just done some good to your lungs!
- Take a Walk: Intense activities help to strengthen your lungs as it serves as a form of exercise also for it. Taking a walk can give it the required intensity to work more than the usual.
- Laugh: Laugh, yes laugh! Laughing helps to clear the lungs of any stale air by pushing them out and allowing fresh air to come in.
- Drink Water: Water is important for every part of the body including your lungs. Drinking water regularly keeps the lining of your lungs thin and this helps it to function better.
- Don’t Smoke: Smoking is perhaps the worst thing you can do to your lungs. It is like aborting a baby. Don’t do it. If someone around you is smoking, move away as fast as possible.
Okay, you should be consistent with these things so as to keep this important body part in a healthy state. Your lungs are very delicate; protect it!