We don’t have to wait to go see a physio for those of us who knows who a physio is, and for those of us who don’t, well, a physio is that lad or that lady who specializes in helping and treating people affected by certain injuries, illnesses or disabilties by administering certain movement techniques, exercise, manual therapies and advice.
Well, if you’ve never had to visit one before or never thought there was a reason to do so, here are a few reasons why you should reconsider or have a change of heart.
- Physiotherapy deals with the assessment, maintenance and restoration of the body’s physical functions and performance.
I would truly say physiotherapy helps in making your daily activities easier.
For example – I have this kid brother who happens to be a friend of my family, who had difficulties in climbing high stairs, within few months of regular visits to the physio, trust me, this young lad had no worries while climbing the stairs anymore.
- Not just this, physiotherapy could help if you have difficulties walking, getting in and out of bed and also help if you are just recovering from an operation.
- Physiotherapy also helps in identifying the health defects of an individual before looking for remedies as clearly stated above.
- Physiotherapy may include body massage, heat/cold treatments, hydrotherapy, acupuncture, manipulation, ultrasound, electrical stimulations which is designed to reduce the inflammation that underlies many painful conditions.
- Physiotherapy helps an individual who is starting to experience the effects of life’s wear and tear. Be it a neck pain, a back pain, breathing problem, strain injury, arthritis or any other specific health problem, physiotherapy is indeed invaluable.
- Physiotherapy helps in preparing for childbirth.
- Physiotherapy helps in managing long term medical conditions like asthma.
- Physiotherapy also helps in managing individuals with stroke, multiple sclerosis or even Parkinson’s disease.
- A physiotherapist can also show you exercises that would be best for your condition in other to see you through and restore perfect healing and also prevent problems in the nearest future.
Well, I guess you don’t have to wait till you start feeling uncomfortable with pains in your body before you go visit a physio, you could start some exercises to prevent and help keep the body in good shape.