With the current economic downturn of the nation and increasing security concerns, it is almost impossible to live a stress-free life. At one point or the other, we all go through stress whether as a result of an upcoming exam or a work deadline which we have to meet. Bottom-line is this: we all have stress because we are not in total control of life. Therefore, it is important we learn how to master it. If we don’t, it has some serious health implications. Continuous and unmanaged stressful situations can cause high blood pressure, sexual problems, headaches, depression etc.
Stress does not come unannounced. Here are some of the signs to look out for:
- General pains and aches
- Weight loss or gain
- Loss of, or increase in, appetite
In order to master stress effectively, do the following
- Step away “briefly” from the source of stress: Of course, in the end, you would still have to meet that deadline or write that exam. however, taking a break would go a long way in easing your stress.
- Keep a positive attitude and be realistic in your outlook
- Manage your time properly
- Eat healthy foods as against junk foods which you will probably feel like eating
- Exercise regularly
- Learn to smile and laugh no matter what
- Talk to a friend or a spiritual advisor
I sure hope this post has helped you. Feel free to share your experiences with stressful situations and how you handled it in the comment section below.