I have imagined a world without you and your kind. Trust me, it’s not the kind of world I want to live in. So I thought it would be a great idea to cross seven mountains and seven seas just to bring you these short tips that would guarantee your continual existence in the world we both share. I believe that healthy women make a healthy world so consider this a “live long” wish from me or a birthday gift if today is your birthday or a post-post valentine gift from your secret admirer (*winks).
Here are the 5 tips only healthy women understand:
- Eat well: Healthy women eat well. It’s important for you to eat healthy foods but it doesn’t mean you can’t eat that cake or take that drink once in a while. In other words, stop dieting. Just make sure you are moderate in your eating. Ensure you keep your eating habit healthy. A mixture of healthy fats, carbohydrates, lean proteins and fibre is really good.
- Exercise regularly: Healthy women exercise regularly. It is recommended that women engage in a mixture of cardio and weight-bearing exercise as much as five times in a week in order to reduce your risk of having a heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. I bet you also know that exercise will help you have a good self-image which is every woman’s “best friend”.
- Sleep some more: Healthy women have sufficient regular sleep. I know you don’t want to be over-weight. I am not sure I want that for you either. However, it is not a good enough reason for you to cut down on sleep. If you find out that you lose concentration easily, you easily get tired or you find it difficult to get out of bed, the chances are that you are not getting enough sleep. Research findings have shown that insufficient sleep makes women more vulnerable to psychological problems and even heart disease. In case you have trouble sleeping, Healthfacts.ng has got you covered. You can read Quick tips to help you sleep better.
- Reduce your stress: Healthy women know ensure they reduce their stress levels. As much as avoiding stress is practically impossible, it’s in your best interest to find a way to master it. Women suffer from a variety of health issues ranging from infertility to depression and even heart problems as a result of excessive stress.
- See your doctor at least once in a year: Healthy women see their doctor for regular health checks. You don’t have to be sick to visit your doctor. You should ensure that you take a test to check for cervical cancer (Pap test) once every three years if you are 21 years old or older. If you are between the ages of 30-65, you can take the a HPV (Human Papillomavirus) test and Pap test every 5 years. You can stop taking these tests if you are more than 65 years old and your doctor has told you that you are low risk. If you are sexually active and have a higher risk for sexually transmitted diseases, please ensure you get tested for gonorrhoea, syphilis, and chlamydia yearly. Take an HIV test every six months. Do you know that doctors can now measure the risk of people who have a family history of breast cancer and other chronic diseases in order to take preventive measures? Well, if you didn’t, now you know. I bet it’s high time you visited your doctor or what do you think?
I sure hope you have found this helpful. In case I missed a tip you feel would be helpful, please feel free to add number 6 in the comment section below. It would also be nice of you to share this on all your social media platforms. Stay beautiful, stay healthy.