As humans, when we sleep, we are tuned off from the world, having no idea about what is going on around us or what is happening to us.
Here are a few facts I found about sleep that you might not have been aware of:
- Sleep is just as important as our diet and exercise.
- The inability to sleep is also known as insomnia which is usually caused by certain factors such as unhealthy sleep habits, anxiety and depression, e.t.c.
- Most growth processes occur when we sleep.
- In order to stay healthy, a human needs about eight to nine hours of sleep. The inability to do this could be classified as a sleeping disorder.
- Newborns sleep a total of 14 to 17 hours a day on an irregular schedule, staying awake at periods of one to three hours.
- One of the primary causes of excessive sleepiness is self-imposed sleep deprivation.
- People who do not get enough sleep are more likely to have a larger appetite. This is due to the fact that their leptin level fall, therefore promoting appetite increase.
- The temporary inability of an individual to move or speak when waking you or just before falling asleep is known as sleep paralysis.
- Sleep apnea is a serious sleeping disorder in which there are pauses in breathing or choking noises during sleep.
Hope you enjoyed these facts? More facts about sleep would be shared here.
When we sleep, certain things happen that we don’t know. Know the usefulness of sleep and other facts about it.