One piece of advice which has been for ages is that of relaxation. ”Take a deep breath and relax. Watch the tension melt from your muscles and all your niggling worries vanish”. Somehow we all know that relaxation is good for us. Meditation is relaxation. It is not about concentration, it’s actually about de-concentration. It’s not about focusing one’s thoughts on one thing, but instead on becoming thoughtless. The benefits of meditation are quite amazing as they play a great role in your physical, mental and spiritual state.
Often thought of as a hippy-dippy practice aimed at transcendence, meditation is coming into its own as a stress-reduction technique for even the most type-A kind of people.
The Benefits of meditation includes the following:
- A calm mind
- Good concentration
- Better clarity
- Improved communication
- Relaxation and rejuvenation of the mind and body
With meditation, the physiology undergoes a change and every cell in the body is filled with more prana (energy). This results in joy, peace and enthusiasm. On a physical level, meditation:
Health Benefits of Meditation:
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
- Decreases any tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
- Improves the immune system
- Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy
Mental Benefits of Meditation
Meditation brings the brainwave pattern into an alpha state that promotes healing. The mind becomes fresh, delicate and beautiful. It cleanses and nourishes you from within and calms you, whenever you feel overwhelmed, unstable, or emotionally shut down. With regular practice of meditation:
- Anxiety decreases
- Emotional stability improves
- Creativity increases
- Happiness increases
- Intuition develops
- Gain clarity and peace of mind
- Problems become smaller
- Meditation sharpens the mind by gaining focus and expands through relaxation
- A sharp mind without expansion causes tension, anger and frustration
- An expanded consciousness without sharpness can lead to lack of action/progress
- The balance of a sharp mind and an expanded consciousness brings perfection
Meditation makes you aware – that your inner attitude determines your happiness.
In order to reap the benefits of meditation, regular practice is necessary. It takes only a few minutes every day. Once imbibed into the daily routine, meditation becomes the best part of your day!
If you found this tip useful, don’t forget to share with your friends, loved ones and family. You could also drop your thoughts and experience in the comment box below.