Exercise can be defined as any activity requiring physical effort, carried out to sustain or improve health and fitness. Almost everyone knows that keeping fit is important and that regular exercise routines makes for a healthier life.
However, many people are still not exercising regularly. When asked why, they give different reasons some of which are lack of money for registering in a gym or buying personal exercise instruments/machines. In the end, their excuse for lack of exercise centers around money.
What you are about to learn are 5 inexpensive exercise routines that you can start practicing today.
It has being said that, the best period to exercise is in the morning, so as to gain maximum and effective metabolism rate. However, it is best you find a time that suits you and then stick to it.
- Engage in Indoor Exercises: Exercises like push-ups, squats, crunches will not cost you anything, all it requires is a revamp of your apartment to create more space and you are good to go. Other indoor chores like vacuuming, mopping the floor and cleaning the windows can also help in working up a sweat.
- Running: Running or jogging is a good way to exert energy. What this will cost you is your running shoes. You can find a running buddy, which will serve as a means of encouragement.
- Walking: Switching or tweaking your daily routines to include more walking is another way to include exercise in your daily activities. Walking to school instead of taking the bus, taking a stroll or even taking the stairs instead of the lift, all count as exercise. To make it even more interesting, you can have a family walk or walk with your friends.
- Join your community sports team: Some communities offer some free facilities, whether it’s a field for a kick about or some tennis courts, which you can check out. You can also join the community during general walks or adventure race, cycling or marathon.
- Download fitness apps: There are lots of great, free apps that you can download, which can motivate you and help you track your progress, which you can even share on social media.You can also find free apps with diet plans, workouts and trackers to show you where you’re running. One of such apps is The Nike fitness app.
Other exercises you can try out are skipping, bicycling, swimming, hiking etc.
Regular exercise makes for a healthier and happier you. Studies show that people who are physically active report greater levels of excitement and enthusiasm than people who are less physically active.
So, you my dear reader should have no excuse again, right?
These exercises are cash-friendly and time-friendly too.
Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comment section below and also share this post with a friend or five.