Rehydration is the recovering of lost water and nutrients back to the fluids and tissues of a dehydrated body. The process of rehydration can be achieved through intravenous intake of fluids (oral route) serving as one of those remedy for the treatment of cholera and diarrhea ( achieved by drinking lots of liquids). Sometimes, the excess intake of caffeine and alcohol could be linked to dehydration of the body. There are simple ways to rehydrate the body, especially when an individual loses much fluids in the body, than the fluids taken in, which can lead to an imbalance in the quantity of water, salts and electrolyte in the body system.
Symptoms that indicates the body needs rehydration:
- Unconsciousness or Lethargy
- Sunken eyes
- Low blood pressure
- Increased thirst
- A very dry tongue or mouth
- Decrease of urine and tears
- Weak pulse
It is important to note that dehydration could be mild or severe (this could be deadly and dangerous). Therefore ensure you take in enough fluid frequently, most especially water, to avoid dehydration.
Sometimes one might be on a trip or on a field work and you then discover that you are feeling dehydrated, what do you do at that point?
Here are the vital things to do when you notice the symptoms of dehydration.
TREATMENTS FOR DEHYDRATION
- Decaffeinated tea: Taking decaffeinate tea products will help you replace the lost fluids in your body.
- Go Bananas: Bananas, like we all know, have so much nutritional benefits for example, they are rich in potassium. One of its benefits is that it helps to treat mild dehydration, as minerals like potassium are lost usually during dehydration.
- Coconut milk: When you crack open a coconut, you tend to see some liquid in it(coconut milk). Drinking the coconut milk can treat dehydration faster than water, this coconut milk is rich in potassium and electrolytes.
- Epsom salts: To relieve the sore muscles and fatigues being experienced by your body, you need try adding magnesium in Epsom salts. This helps the skin to easily absorb these minerals to relieve long-term dehydration and fatigue in the body.
- Chomp enough fruits: One of the best ways to treat mild dehydration is by chomping watery fruits( like watermelons, strawberries) and cucumbers, these are fantastic options for treating dehydration.
I so trust that the article has revealed to you how you can easily refill lost fluid in your body, feel free to share theses amidst your contacts, and drop a comment at the comment box below