Can you ever imagine waking up one morning and the first thing you do is reaching out for a cup of lemon water? Trust me, not even me can imagine this one bit as I don’t see its usefulness.
Lemon is a very strong antibacterial, antiviral and immune-boosting fruit. It is also known as a detoxifier as it aids in digestion and cleanses the liver. According to research, lemon contains many substances which are very vital to every human body. It contains substances like citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoid, pectin, and limonene which aids in promoting immunity and fighting infections.
Below are some of the BENEFITS of lemon which would make you give a rethink to this new practice:
- When taken in the morning, the lemon juice would help flush out all the waste from the previous day and give you a refreshing feel for the new day.
- It will also help you digest easily all foods which would be consumed later in the day.
- Due to the high Vitamin C content found in lemon, its juice aids in fighting night colds and making you feel better during the day.
- The lemon juice contains high content of Potassium which aids in stimulating brain and nerve function, making you mentally prepared and active during the day.
- It also helps in regulating and controlling blood pressure, thereby making you less tensed all through the day.
- Ascorbic acids like vitamin C found in lemons demonstrates anti-inflammatory effects, and is used as a complementary support for asthma and other respiratory symptoms. The juice when taken in the morning aids in providing support and preventing unwanted respiratory discomforts.
- It also reduces the amount of phlegm produced by the body. So, if you had discomforts all through the night due to these phlegms, lemon juice would be the best option to have a better day.
- Lemon juice aids in balancing the pH level of the human body. Diseases occur when the body pH is acidic. So to ensure you’re always on track and good to go, a glass of lemon juice every morning would be an invaluable practice to incorporate.