Hey lovelies! We are continuing on our journey in exploring the many health benefits in coconut. In this part, we would be looking at Coconut oil.
Popularly known as the ‘wonder oil’, Coconut oil has several health benefits and it is extracted from the kernel of mature coconuts, or from coconut milk. There are several recipes on how to extract coconut oil from the milk and there are also pre-packaged bottles available in local stores around. It is in solid state when placed at temperatures below 75 degrees.
Let’s quickly run through the benefits.
- Coconut oil is popular for its cosmetic purposes. It is a very good skin moisturizer, and can be applied on wipes to help remove make-up. Some use it as a form of sun-screen as it is believed to block about a certain percentage of the sun rays.
- Coconut oil is a very good hair oil. It can be applied as a moisturizer, or a conditioner after hair shampooing. It adds extra sheen to the aid, reduces protein loss and helps retain moisture within the hair strands. Some people use it as a form of mouth wash, as it can kill harmful pathogens in the mouth, improving the general dental health.
- It can be used as a healthy alternative to vegetable oil in frying and cooking generally.
- Coconut oils has components that can help prevent infections by killing dangerous pathogens. When applied to injuries and wounds, it forms a protective layer against external pathogens. It also speed up the healing in body bruises.
- It can also be used to reduce the effect of nose allergies and it is essential for speedy recovery from flu.
- Coconut oil contains fatty acids which can help to significantly reduce the rate at which one gets hungry and because the fellow would be eating less due to the reduced appetite, it may increase his chances of losing weight over time.
- Coconut oil is a major ingredient in massage mix used in spa houses. It has a very soothing effect and can be used to relief stress and eliminate mental fatigue, especially after a gentle head massage.