Headaches are very common and they affect people of different ages, sizes, and from different walks of life. There are several causes of headaches. It can be due to an illness, stress or over-anxiety. The degree of the headache also varies, mostly a function of the cause, origin of the headache. Most times, headaches are as a pain in the butt especially when they creep on you at work or when you need to get something done and you just can’t concentrate. I will share a few tips on how to quickly get rid of a headache. I do hope you find it helpful. Enjoy!
- Drink lots of water: Drinking water at the onset of the headache and at regular intervals helps to naturally get rid of the headache. Adding lemon juice to the water before you drink greatly helps in reducing the intensity of the headache.
- Take fish oil. It is very helpful in relieving headaches.
- Apply a warm compress: Simply hold a bag of warm water or towel dipped in warm water over the neck region or simply take a warm bath.
- Do mild neck exercises.
- Take a break, a short nap.
- Take a walk, stretch, relax.
- When the headache is due to stress, a cold compress comes in very handy. Place it on your forehead at regular intervals.
- Taking peppermint. whether you take a peppermint candy, herbal tea or just the dried peppermint and water, peppermint possesses great calming, and soothing properties.
- You can also take over-the-counters aspirin. Be sure to keep to the prescribed dosage.
- Gently rub your temples, the bridge of your nose and your scalp. Gentle message helps ease off the tension.
- Limit your exposure to strong aroma and fragrances. The headache may be triggered by them.
Do not get addicted to any of these methods, if the headaches intensify despite your attempts to calm it or if it occurs on a regular basis, be sure to seek immediate medical attention. It may be a pointer to a more serious underlying proper.