For more people than you know, sleep has become a luxury. Some because of no time, others because of sleep disorders of which insomnia is the chief.
So for a lot of people, when they lay down to sleep, their brains just wont shut down, so the stay wide awake. The cause of insomnia varies and it can be treated by making lifestyle and environmental changes.
Here is a list of natural remedies that can help in your treatment of insomnia.
- Warm milk. Taking a glass of warm milk before going to bed can help relax your brain, and cause you to sleep.
- Say no to coffee after noon. In the morning, a mug of coffee might no do much harm but then coffee after noon among other things can increase nighttime urination, which can affect your sleep at night.
- Slow down with the alcohol. Like coffee, alcohol is also a diuretic and can disturb your sleep with frequent urination.
- Aromatherapy. Use of aromas to induce or enhance a desired psychological, physical effect. One that does the trick in this case is lavender so whether it is with a lavender spray or a lavender-filled pillow, mattress, it is a harmless way to slip into blissful sleep.
- Meditate. This is a tough one, Meditation is a very effective way to unwind and it helps to relax your mind and body in readiness to sleep.
- Exercise regularly and daily: Both breathing and aerobic activities.
- Keep your phone away, relax your mind. When you are attached to gadgets like your mobile phone, laptops, mostly because of the light emitted, melatonin (the hormone that makes you sleepy) production is suppressed. Instead, consciously unwind and relax the mind.
- Take a warm bath just before bedtime.
While a lot of people opt for sleeping tablets, these natural remedies can also help restore you to regular and peaceful sleep.