Positive thinking as described in the earlier post is a lifestyle in which a person decides to look on the good side of life, one in which you expect good and favorable results.
Being positive is more than just feeling good about yourself and what is happening around you. It goes a long way in creating real value in your life and also in helping you achieve more valuable skill-sets.
For instance, positive thinking helps in making a person more resilient. A positive mind will be more willing to try out an option that didn’t work out at the first, it helps to develop a keep at it kind of attitude, which is an important hack for fighting sicknesses in the body.
Also, the positive thinking that typically comes with optimism is a key part of effective stress management.
Effects of Positive Thinking on Your Health.
The effects of positive thinking on health are continually being explored by researchers. Some of the health benefits that may be provided through positive thinking include:
1. Strengthened Immunity: It is believed that positive thinking helps to build a stronger body immunity. It helps people fight off common colds and other ailments. Thinking negatively, may cause some areas of the brain to weaken a person’s immune response to the flu vaccine.
2. Reduced Stress: Positive thinking is a key part of effective stress management. Positive thinkers are happier people; they accept that they are in control of their mindset, they determine to live life from a positive perspective, hence, they have a reduced stress level.
3. Better Coping Skills in Times of Hardship and Difficulty: Everyone faces difficulty at one stage of life, but the positive thinkers know that the difficult times will not last forever. Hence, they have lower rates of depression, subsequently, longer lifespan.
4. Longer Lifespan: It is thought that positive and optimistic people tend to live healthier lifestyles thus encouraging longer lifespan.
Changing from Negative Thinking to Positive Thinking.
It isn’t totally clear why people that practice positive thinking experience these health benefits, but it is believed that having a positive outlook on life, gives one the ability to cope better with stressful situations, thus reducing the harmful health effects of stress on the body.
Some of the ways through which you can change from negative thinking to positive thinking are:
- Exercise: by engaging in more physical activity.
- Self-talk: Choose to think positively. Feed on positive information.
- Healthy diet: Avoid unhealthy diet and habits.
- Self-acceptance: Stop being so self-critical and learn to accept yourself the way you are while seeking means of self-development.
- Play: Finding time to play with friends or family is another way to refresh the mind and relief yourself of some stress.
Thinking negatively and worrying have not been known to solve any problem.
Instead of hate, try love; instead of worrying, try looking for a solution; instead of anxiety, try to relax or listen to good music.
Positive thinking is way better and good for your health.
What are your thoughts?
What tips do you have for maintaining a positive outlook?
The lines are open, see you in the comments section below.
Do not forget to share this post across the different social media platforms.