We are currently living in a fast world with no speed limits. Ironically, many want to live long even though “speed kills”. For many, living on the fast lane of life has led to their inability to sleep well. The importance of a good night’s sleep cannot be overestimated. Thus, you should not take insomnia lightly. However, not to worry. We have got you covered at Healthfacts. Here are quick tips to aid you in finding that much needed sleep.
• As much as possible, endeavour to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day and that includes holidays and even weekends. You won’t know how helpful this tip is until you have tried it. It will certainly help you feel more energized and refreshed.
• Avoid going to bed hungry or filled up. You will also do well to stay clear of cigarettes, caffeine and alcohol because they can disturb your sleep
• Do certain things regularly to let your body know that it’s bedtime. Things as simple as taking a shower, listening to cool music or even reading a book will suffice. Before you even think about it, certainly not TV. Some studies have shown that watching TV before bedtime disturbs sleep.
• Make sure your room is comfortable. Arrange your room to suit your preferences. Get a good mattress and pillow too
• Exercise regularly if possible, vigorously
• Cut down on your daytime naps especially if you have trouble sleeping at night. However, ensure you find time to relax well during the day. Don’t allow stress to overcome you.
• If symptoms persist, like they always say, see your doctor
I hope this was helpful. Feel free to share on all your social media platforms and do not hesitate to drop a comment in the comment section below.