A chronic migraine emerges when you frequently experience it in more than 2 weeks within an average of three month. Its termed chronic, based on how long it existed.
One of the most common type of headaches especially in adults is the migraines and most times women are mostly vulnerable to this ailment than most men.
Migraine has no age barrier or limit, most of the people with migraines have a family lineage of it.
Migraines have different types and class, but here I will be talking about the classes of migranes.
One of the classes is a type that is accompanied with a warning sign referred to as AURA, which comes and last for like an hour. Most times one out of three people experience this class.
Other classes include hormonal, hemiplegic and abdominal class.
GENERAL SYMPTOMS OF MIGRAINE INCLUDE:
- Poor concentration
- Blurred vision
- Lack of coordination
- Tingling sensation associated with the hands, face and arms
- 72 hours lasting headache
- High sensitivity to light and noise
The real cause of migraine as not really been understood, but may sometimes be caused or triggered by a chemical in the body called SERONIN; Serotonin alters blood vessels in the brain.
- Consistent stress
- lack of adequate fluid intake
- bad posture habit
- chocolate alcohol or caffeine intake
- heavy loud noises
- bright lights
- offensive smells
- strenuous exercise if you’re not used to it
- jumping meals
TREATMENT AND PREVENTIVE MEASURE
- Ensure you rest in a quiet and less noise environment
- Sleep in a darkened room if you can
- Use an ice wrap in a towel to keep your head warm to ease the headache
- Try get a recommended pain killer such as: paracetamol, ibuprofen and aspirin from the pharmacy
- Try meditate, apply some relaxing techniques like yoga, controlled breathing exercises to fix stresans
If you find this article relevant, kindly drop a comment below, by sharing with us your experience and other ways to treat migraines. Thank you for your time.