Red Palm Oil is a traditional, highly saturated form of fat. It is readily available and cheap. It is reddish in color due to a high beta-carotene content, it is derived from the reddish pulp of oil palms fruit. It contains the very “hard-to-find” tocotrienols which has so many uses.
Highlighted below are some of the many benefits embedded in Red Palm oil:
- Improves skin health: Red palm oil has carotenes and tocotrienols components and this when accumulated in the epidermis of the skin, offers protection from harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Keeps brain degenerative diseases at bay: Red palm oil contains very powerful antioxidants that improves blood flow to the brain and reduces oxidative stress. Hence, adequate intake of palm oil can help prevent Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease and other brain degenerative diseases.
- The rich presence of tocotrienols in palm oil inhibits the growth of breast, prostate, liver, skin, pancreas, stomach and other forms of cancer.
- The carotenoids in Palm fruit from which palm oil is derived is useful in the food industry for coloration. Palm oil is often used as a natural food colorant, it is gradually being used to replace synthetic colorants.
- Research has shown that consumption of red palm oil significantly enhances Vitamin A levels in humans. This helps prevent deficiency in Vitamin A.
- Improved Eye Vision: This comes as a secondary benefit, because Vitamin A which can be derived from palm oil is very primary in improving on and maintaining good eye sight.
- Palm oil is found in several soaps, creams, shampoos, conditioners and some other cosmetics. Palm oil contains refatting agent that helps restore natural hair, and skin oils, it also has the ability to remove dirt form hair and skin too.
- Palm oil is also used as a tasty ingredient in dishes. It is used as a dietary supplement.
- Unrefined palm oil is very key in promoting cardiovascular health. Consumption of palm oil helps reduce blood pressure, cholesterol level, and improve blood circulation.