The kitchen is where it all starts from, right? So, cooking healthy leads to eating healthy and eating healthy leads to healthy living!
So a few tips for reducing fat while cooking:
- Opt for vegetable-based sauces rather than creamy sauces.
- Try other forms of cooking instead of frying. Some of these methods include: Boiling, Grilling, Baking, Roasting and Steaming.
- Eat more of whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- Use unsaturated margarine in place of butter.
- Remove skin from poultry and fat from beef, before cooking or eating. Opt for leaner meats.
- Replace skimmed milk with whole milk.
- Take more of dark chocolate drinks and reduce the amount of fattier, milky chocolate drinks.
- Use a non stick pan to keep you from adding extra fat when cooking.
- Introduce proteins, pulses into your diet.
- Choose your dressings carefully. Opt for low-fat or fat-free products.
I hope you find these tips helpful!
Facebook Comments Box