Nausea and morning sickness is very common especially during the early weeks of pregnancy. It is mostly due to changes in hormonal levels in the body during pregnancy.
Below is a list of common tips to help handle morning sickness:
- Eat often and in smaller portions. When the stomach is empty, it worsens the sickness so even if you can not get real food that often, keep snacks you can eat during the day such that you are not too full or too hungry.
- Try on herbal therapies, such as sniffing on lemon, adding a slice of lemon to your water, ginger tea. These natural remedies would help keep the morning sickness away.
- Avoid spicy, greasy or fatty meals. Eat more protein and foods rich in vitamins.
- Fresh hot food can also trigger nausea, so opt for cold or warm meals at least during this time.
- Aromatherapy may also help. Although the smell of the oils may trigger nausea in some, for some others, it does work.
- Drink in between meals, this helps the fluids stay longer in the body. Take lots of water too during the day, it is very important you stay hydrated during the day.
- Avoid stress, take time to rest your body.
Although there are no one-size-fits-all solutions, these tips come in handy for pregnant women in their early trimester.