Hey momma-to-be! Congratulations. Trust me when I say motherhood is a beautiful thing. This also includes the pregnancy phase. As this is your first pregnancy, a lot depends on what you make out of it.
You know how once you are preggers, everybody just suddenly has an advice for you; the good, bad and the entirely untrue. Well, there’s also the ones that are always left unsaid most times because they don’t want you feeling bad and other times because most people don’t even know. Let’s talk about some of these first pregnancy issues:
- You could actually start snoring even if you have never! Not nice I know, but the membranes in your nose like your tummy swells up during pregnancy causing you to snore.
- Labor is actually easier for some than others. You know how all your mother friends tell those horrid stories about labor, right? Newsflash: Labor is actually different for everyone. Don’t allow the fear paralyze you on that day. Do all you need to do: antenatal, exercise, medications, check-up and all, then relax and prepare to welcome your little one.
- Your shoes might not fit again. Expect to go up a shoe size. As you progress with your pregnancy, you would notice that your body tends to retain extra fluids, this would cause your feet to swell up a little, and you might need to get a few new shoes…
- The stretch marks are also not for everyone. It is either you are genetically predisposed to have them or you are not. And if you are, there is not much you can do to change that.
- Morning sickness isn’t always just in the mornings. Sometimes, they last all day long and three out of every four pregnant women face it. That isn’t much of a problem though; it can be dealt with.
So there you have it. I wish you a very safe and exciting journey…. Do check here for tips on how to stay safe through it all as a first timer. Should you have any questions, feel free to ask our health professionals here. Kindly share this information with whoever you feel might need it.