Guava,( Psidium guajava) is a tropical fruit, that is native to Mexico and Central America. In Nigeria, guava is grown mainly in Gombe, Plateau, and Imo states. The fruit has a round or oval shape and a yellow or green skin that surrounds sweet, juicy flesh. Guava is often eaten fresh or used in a variety of dishes, such as smoothies, juices, and jams. In addition to its taste, guava is valued for its high levels of vitamin C, (1 cup of guava, which is 165 g contains 376mg of Vit c ). Besides, it is rich in fiber and other antioxidants.
Health benefits of guava fruit
Guava is a nutritious fruit that has several health benefits, including:
- High in antioxidants: Guava is rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C, which can help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Boosts immune system: Vitamin C and other nutrients in guava can help improve the function of the immune system.
- Supports heart health: Guava is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, which protects against vascular and heart – related diseases.
- Aids digestion: Guava is high in fiber. As a result, it can help improve digestion and prevent constipation.
- Regulates blood sugar: Guava has a low glycemic index. Hence, it helps regulate blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Good for skin and hair: Guava is rich in vitamins and minerals that are essential for maintaining healthy skin and hair.
However, it is important to note that while guava can offer many health benefits, it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Guava as a recipe for hair growth
Guava leaves have been traditionally used in some cultures as a hair care remedy. The leaves contain compounds that are believed to be beneficial for hair health, such as Vitamin C, B-complex vitamins. Also, it has minerals like magnesium and potassium. These nutrients are said to help improve the health of the scalp, strengthen hair roots, and reduce hair loss. To use guava leaves for hair care, they can be brewed into a tea or crushed into a paste and applied directly to the scalp.
Here is a video that shows how to make a paste from guava, for massive hair growth.
Guava seeds are rich in benefits
The seeds of this fruit are very edible and have several health benefits, here are some of them :
- They are nutrient packed : Guava seeds are a rich source of dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals such as potassium and magnesium.
- Antioxidant Properties: Guava seeds contain antioxidants that help protect the body against cellular damage caused by free radicals.
- Aid digestive health: Guava seeds can help improve digestive health by promoting the growth of good bacteria in the gut. By so doing, they aid in the elimination of harmful bacteria and toxins.
- May reduce high blood pressures: Guava seeds have been shown to help lower blood pressure levels. Hence they may be beneficial to those with hypertension.
- Boost Immune System: Guava seeds, because of their high vitamin C content may help boost the immune system and protect against infections and diseases.
Does guava burn fat
No, guava does not directly burn fat. However, it can be included as part of a balanced diet and regular exercise regimen. So, it can contribute to overall weight management and fat loss. Guava is low in calories, high in fiber, making it a healthy food option for those looking to lose weight.
Side effects of Guava fruit
Guava is generally considered safe for most people when consumed in moderate amounts. However, some people may experience the following side effects :
- Stomach discomfort: Guava can cause bloating, gas, and stomach cramps in some people.
- Allergic reactions: Some individuals may be allergic to guava and may experience symptoms such as itching, rashes, or swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Interactions with medications: Guava can interfere with the absorption of certain medications, including iron supplements and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Shelf – life and Storage
Guavas have a very short shelf life.So, you want to store them at room temperature. A ripe guava, has a likelihood of going bad after two days. So, you can keep the fruit refrigerated once you’ve sliced it. Besides, you may freeze it or after slicing, keep in air – tight freezer bags. When stored in this manner, it may remain fresh for up to eight months.
- Do Guavas have sexual benefits?
No, guava fruit does not have any sexual benefits. Any claims to the contrary are not supported by scientific evidence and you should speak to your doctor if you have any sexual related problems.
2. Are there people who should not consume guavas?
People with certain medical conditions should avoid or limit their consumption of guava fruit or juice, these include:
- Gastrointestinal disturbances : Guava can irritate the digestive tract and cause symptoms like bloating, gas, and diarrhea, especially for people with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) or similar conditions.
- Allergic reactions: people with a history of allergies should be wary of consuming guava.
- Kidney disease : Guava contains high amounts of oxalates, which can form stones in the kidneys and may exacerbate an underlying kidney disease.
3. Is guava good in pregnancy?
Guavas have abundant antioxidants, vitamins that make them an excellent choice for the pregnant women.
4. Are Guavas good for treating ulcers
Guava leaf contains Methanol extract that’s composed of volatile oil, flavonoid, and saponin which works against stomach ulcers and also promote healing effect, according to the Vanguard publications.
5. Is guava good for cough
Pharmeasy says that the juice from guavas help to treat cough and flu due to the high vitamin C content. And, may act as a prophylactic against colds and viral infections.
6. Which has more fiber, bananas or Guavas?
Bananas are richer in vitamin B6 and Manganese but have less fiber.
In cconclusion, guava is a highly nutritious food that should be made a part of the diet especially when it’s in season, in this clime.
İstanbul Kablo Hurdası Alanlar İstanbul un en iyi hurdacısı ile daha kârlı bir ticaret diliyoruz. Ptt kablo içi deşe hurdaları, hurda telefon kablolar, yağlı içli ptt kablosu hurdası, ptt kabloları satmayı isteyenler şimdi arayın.
İstanbul Hurdacı Fiyatları Anlık hurda fiyatları öğrenmek için bizi arayabilirsiniz. Bu sayfadaki İstanbul hurda fiyatları hergün güncellenmektedir.
[…] Read also : Guava is super rich in Vitamin C, check this out! […]