Depression is common. We hear about, we talk about it, and we probably know someone who has suffered from it. But as common as it is, there are lots of misconceptions surrounding the topic. We will be debunking some of them right now. Keep reading!
#1. Depression is the same thing as sadness.
#2. Depression is not a real thing, it's simply sadness that is hyped to make it look more serious in order to get sympathy.
#3. People that get depressed do not have 'strong mind', they are those who easily get flustered and discouraged.
#4. Depression is treatable
#5. Once a person gets diagnosed with depression, they remain depressed for life.
#6. Children can get depressed.
#7. Once someone starts using anti-depressant drugs, they have to continue for life.
#8. Depression is more common in females
#9. Men with depression are more likely to commit suicide than women.
1. Although overwhelming sadness is one of the features of depression, a person can be sad without being depressed. Sadness and depression are not the same.
2. Depression is a real and clinically diagnosable illness.
3. A person’s inbuilt psychological traits have a role to play in the development of depression. However, other external factors such as a person’s genetic factors and social environment also influence the chances of getting depression.
4. Depression can be treated using drugs, therapy and other methods.
5. Depression is not a perpetual state of being. It is possible for a person to have one episode of depression, get treated and never develop another episode for life.
Read Also: Are You Burned Out? – How To Tell.
6. Depression is not a respecter of age; it can occur at any age, even in children.
7. Antidepressants may either be taken long term or for a few months. The duration of drug use depends on how severe the depression is, and how well it responds to treatment. Antidepressant drugs are not necessarily taken for life.
8. Although both males and females can get depressed, it is commoner is females. However, recent attention is being drawn to that fact that the frequency of depression in men may be under-reported.
9. Various data show that more men commit suicide than women.
We hope you have learnt a thing or two about depression? Make sure to share this post to help others get the right information too!
This is an interesting topic to be discussed. Thanks for choosing this and looking forward to reading more soon.
This is my own user story to improve your blog page.
As a user, I want to be able to answer the blog question before seeing the ans since I might most likely change my mind about what my own answers are after seeing the one from the blogger, hence, saving the blogger the cost of gathering unrealistic or relatable data.
As a user, I suggest an anchor text right beneath the ‘Finish’ CTA button communicating to users that ‘All answers to questions above are provided after they’re been completed’.
This will give some other type of users that are directly in a hurry to see the answers to go through the question section first.
Hello! Thank you so much for the feedback 👍🏻 We’ll work on improving our user experience. Kindly check out our other posts and share with your loved ones 😊
İstanbul Kablo Hurdası Alanlar İstanbul un en iyi hurdacısı ile daha kârlı bir ticaret diliyoruz. Ptt kablo içi deşe hurdaları, hurda telefon kablolar, yağlı içli ptt kablosu hurdası, ptt kabloları satmayı isteyenler şimdi arayın.
İstanbul hurdacısı firmamız Hurdemsan Metal hurda malzeme satmak isteyenlere yedi gün hizmet veriyor. Alacağımız hurdalarınızın değerini alırken hesaplıyoruz.
[…] you endure or fight depression? I’m wondering what your response will be. From what has been observed, when one is […]
İstanbul hurdacı firması olarak hurda alım satım işlerinde rakip firmalara göre daha yüksek hurda fiyatları sunmaktayız
kurumsal hurdacı firmalar arasındayız. Hurda alım satımı için adresinize geliyoruz.