Bad breath also known as halitosis is a very embarrassing condition that makes you feel less confident in work and life. It make you fell very uncomfortable. There are many reasons that can cause this problem: improper tooth brushing, dry mouth, odorous foods, sinus disease, smoking alcohol consumption, gum condition, etc. This bad issue can treated by natural ways if properly attended to.
Here are natural remedies for dealing with bad breath
Cinnamon includes cinnamic aldehyde, which can reduce bad breath and also fight against the bacteria in the mouth. Cinnamon has various health benefits such as controlling blood sugar, weight reduction, treating of gum disease and treating gum disease. Here are some simple steps when using cinnamon to treat bad breath:
- Firstly, you boil a cup of water and add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder into it.
- You can add bay leaves into the mixture.
- You strain and rinse your mouth to refresh your breath.
- Make sure that you do it every day to have the faster result.
Due to the acidic properties found in lemon juice, it is therefore regarded as one of the most effective natural home remedies for bad breadth. Lemon juice is used in taking care of the skin, hair and health including bad breath. This fruit doesn’t just fight off the bad odour in the mouth caused by bacteria, it also help to prevent the development of bacteria in the mouth. These simple steps with lemon juice would help reduce bad breath conditions:
- You put some teaspoons of lemon juice in a glass of water.
- Next, you rinse the mouth with the juice and you can add some salt to gargle.
- This treatment can treat dry mouth, which causes bad breath. You should be sure that you apply this method daily for the better results.
- You can also use lemon juice to prevent bad breath from coming back again.
Cloves have antibacterial properties that can be helpful to reduce bad breath. This is also a good ingredient to get better digestion, fight bacteria, protect liver, control diabetes, improve the immune system, and relieve a headache attack. Some of the following methods can be applied to help deal with bad breath conditions:
- Method A – Eat some pieces of cloves evry day. These will remove your bad breath problems in some minutes
- Method B – You can drink tea by boiling a gas of water with a teaspoon of cloves for 10 minutes. Strain and drink the tea twice daily
This is another good solution for treating bad breath as it can balance the acid level. Additionally, baking soda can fight off the oral bacteria that contribute to bad breath condition. These methods can be used to treat bad breath:
– Method A:
- Add ½ teaspoon of baking soda in a cup of warm water.
- Rinse the mouth every day to get the best result.
– Method B:
- Brush the teeth every day with baking soda to reduce the acids in the mouth.
- Do it every day to get rid of bad breath.
Tea is a natural herb that can eliminate the bad breath condition very well due to the polyphenols antioxidant found in it. Both black and green tea can stop the bacterial growth that causes bad breath. You can opt for sage tea or make it by yourself as the following way to deal with bad breath.
- Steep a teaspoon in a glass of hot water for 5 minutes.
- Strain and drink the tea daily to freshen your mouth.
- Drinking 2-3 times every day, you can get rid of bad breath quickly and naturally.
Water is the cheapest natural ingredient for bad breath. Drinking a lot of water will be helpful for treating bad breath conditions. By drinking fresh water every day, you will not only get rid of bad breath, you will also improve your overall health. Dehydration is one of the most common causes of bad breath, so you should drink enough water to clean up your mouth and avoid the dry mouth condition that creates the odour in your mouth.
I suggest that you start drinking enough water in the morning and during the day to keep you energetic, as well as remove bad breath.
Also brushing twice daily as recommend would go a long way in reducing bad breath problems.
Try as much as possible to care for your dental health and avoid embarrassment in public as a result of bad breath.